Man City want to complete £85m Ayyoub Bouaddi deal this week

Manchester City want to complete their £85m deal for Ayyoub Bouaddi this week, according to ESPN.

Bouaddi was a breakout star at the World Cup for Morocco and City have agreed a fee with Lille as well as a five-year contract for the 18-year-old.

He is set to replace Rodri at the Etihad, with manager Enzo Maresca wanting the deal to be completed quickly ahead of the start of the new season.

Speaking after Sunday’s Community Shield, Maresca said: “On new signings in general, the sooner the better for us as there’s Premier League to start next weekend.”

(Getty)

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 09:20

DONE DEAL! Newcastle sign right back Amar Dedic

Newcastle United have completed the signing of right back Amar Dedic from Benfica for around £30m. The Bosnia and Herzegovina international, who featured at this summer’s World Cup, becomes Newcastle’s first signing under Matthias Jaissle. The pair previously worked together at Red Bull Salzburg.

The 24-year-old Decic becomes Newcastle’s sixth signing of the summer and could be brought straight into the team that faces Liverpool in their Premier League opener on Sunday, with Tino Livramento still sidelined following the injury that ruled him out of the World Cup.

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 09:04

Fifa’s chief operating officer leaves after scathing criticism of Gianni Infantino

Kevin Lamour, the Fifa official who criticised Gianni Infantino’s leadership and voted against the Fifa Forward Enterprise proposal, has left the global governing body.

The 46-year-old had been working as chief operating officer, the position from which he told Associated Press on 31 July that Fifa staff had been “deceived” by Infantino regarding the plan.

A statement from the body read: “Fifa can confirm that the working relationship between Fifa and Kevin Lamour as Fifa’s Chief Operating Officer has ended on 17 August 2026.

“Fifa thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future.

“No further comment will be made on the matter.”

Miguel Delaney, Chief Football Writer18 August 2026 09:00

Harry Kane set to open contract talks with Bayern Munich

Harry Kane is “relaxed” about his contract situation at Bayern Munich with both parties set to open discussions over the next couple of weeks.

Kane, 33, has entered the final 12 months of his deal at Bayern and the England captain expects talks to begin soon over extending.

“The talks will begin this week or next,” he said, according to Bild. “We will start the discussions, and as I’ve already said, we’re relaxed.

“I think they’re relaxed about the situation as well. Now is obviously the time to start talks, since we only have a year left. That’s important.

“But both sides are relaxed, and I’m quite sure that talks will take place this week or next.”

(Reuters)

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 08:40

Man United to open Bruno Fernandes contract talks after Galatasaray approach

Manchester United will open contract talks with Bruno Fernandes after outlining that their captain is not for sale.

Galatasaray approached United with an offer for the 31-year-old and comprehensive financial package that would have doubled his salaray.

Fernandes has entered the final 12 months of his contract at Old Trafford, with the option to extend for a further year.

The Athletic now report that Fernandes wants to stay and United have opened discussions on a new deal.

Fernandes was the player of the year last season after guiding Manchester United back into the Champions League.

Bruno Fernandes is into the final year of his Man United contractBruno Fernandes is into the final year of his Man United contract (Getty)

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 08:20

Liverpool ‘reach Ibrahim Mbaye agreement’

Liverpool have agreed personal terms with Paris Saint-Germain winger Ibrahim Mbaye. That’s according to RMC Sport journalist Fabrice Hawkins, who reports that the Reds want to sign both Mbaye and Bradley Barcola this summer.

Both Mbaye and Barcola were left out of PSG’s squad for the French Super Cup against Lens on Sunday. While Barcola is priced at £145m by PSG, the 18-year-old Mbaye could be available for around £40m.

(Getty)

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 08:00

Todd Boehly open to selling stake in Chelsea

Todd Boehly is open to selling his stake in Chelsea to majority owners Clearlake Capital.

The Financial Times reported on Monday that Chelsea chairman Boehly and director Mark Walter were in talks to sell their 12.8 per cent stakes to Clearlake, who are led by Behdad Eghbali.

Rumours of a rift between Boehly and Eghbali, whose Clearlake owns 61.5 per cent take, first surfaced in 2024 and it was reported the pair had explored how they could buy the other out.

Walter is reportedly also selling the Los Angeles Lakers to former Disney CEO Bob Iger and venture capitalist Josh Kushner for a record-breaking $12.5bn, a year after buying a majority stake.

Hansjorg Wyss also owns a 12.8 per cent stake in Chelsea but reports indicated that the Swiss billionaire’s position is unclear. Chelsea declined to comment.

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 07:50

FPL tips 2026/27: 44 players you should consider signing

With tens of millions of players across the world, Fantasy Premier League is back ahead of the new Premier League season, which starts on Friday as defending champions Arsenal kick off against Championship winners Coventry City.

As always, FPL players are tasked with building a title-winning side with a fixed budget of £100m. Within that, players must get the balance right between the expensive premium picks who are likely to top the points tallies at the end of the 38-game season, along with the hidden gems that could make the difference over the campaign.

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 07:35

Man City ‘face Enzo Fernandez price hike’ after new man City deadline

Manchester City will now have to pay more than £120m if they are to sign Enzo Fernandez from Chelsea this summer, according to the Telegraph.

Chelsea want to resolve Fernandez’s future before their opening game of the Premier League season on Monday and although it was reported that the Blues were hopeful he could be reintegrated into Xabi Alonso’s squad, he was booed by supporters at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Talks are still ongoing with the Argentina international, with Manchester City interested in signing the midfielder after agreeing to sell Rodri to Barcelona. Chelsea had set a deadline of Friday for bids Fernandez, but that passed without City submitting an offer.

Should City return to Chelsea with an offer, they face entering new negotiations for the player and having to pay more than the £120m quoted to them last week.

(Getty)

Jamie Braidwood18 August 2026 07:11

Manchester United make stance clear on Bruno Fernandes transfer after interest from Galatasaray

Manchester United are adamant Bruno Fernandes is not for sale at any price after Galatasaray showed interest in him.

The Turkish champions are thought to be interested in the 31-year-old but United would reject any offer that came in.

Fernandes is in the last year of his contract, though United have the option to extend it for a further season, but they have no intention of letting him go.

The Portugal international received a huge offer from Saudi Arabian Pro-League club Al-Hilal in the summer of 2025.

And while he spurned it to stay at Old Trafford, he subsequently revealed he was “hurt” that he thought the club “wanted me to leave”.

Fernandes nevertheless responded by winning the Footballer of the Year award last season and setting a record by getting 21 Premier League assists in the campaign.

He also won the Sir Matt Busby award for a fifth time as he was voted United’s player of the year again as he helped a team who had come 15th in 2025 to finish in the top three.

He was thought to have a clause that allowed foreign clubs to sign him for a fixed fee this summer but it expired last month.

(PA)

Richard Jolly, Senior Football Correspondent18 August 2026 07:06