Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce is in the final year of his contract, meaning he has a decision to make during the offseason whether he wants to return to the Chiefs, sign with another team, or retire.

However, before the season has even officially come to an end, it sounds like Kelce has ruled out one of those options.

With the Chiefs officially eliminated from postseason contention, Kelce now has a decision to make regarding his future in the NFL and with the Chiefs. Over the weekend, NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport offered a bit of an update on that situation.

According to Rapoport, Kelce has not yet decided whether or not he will retire, but he has decided that he will not play for another team besides the Chiefs.

“My understanding is, if he was gonna play, it wouldn’t be for anyone else besides the Chiefs,” Rapoport said on Sunday morning.

Rapoport added that it is “certainly is a possibility that Travis Kelce played his last game at Arrowhead this past week. He’s gonna take some time after the season is over to consider his fate and see what he wants to do, whether or not he wants to play a 14th season.”

This seems to align with what Kelce said previously as he indicated that he would make his decision before the start of free agency to allow the Chiefs plenty of time to plan for the upcoming season with or without him.

“Seeing my brother go through it, and seeing how the league works, the season re-starts in April, and I want to give the Chiefs a good opportunity, whether I come back or not, and vice versa — whether they want me back or not,” Kelce said last month.

“I’d like to make that decision before they’ve got to get draft picks and free agency opens, or gives them an opportunity to fill the roster appropriately. All that will be at the end of the season. I won’t be thinking about it until then,” he wrote.

Regardless, it does not sound like Kelce plans to play for anyone else but Kansas City.