Kiefer Sherwood sends unmistakable message towards the Vancouver Canucks on social media
Vancouver Hockey Daily has no direct affiliation to the Vancouver Canucks, NHL or NHLPA
Photo credit: Bob Frid – Imagn Images
San Jose Sharks forward Kiefer Sherwood has officially said goodbye to the Vancouver Canucks and their fans in a post on social media on Tuesday evening.
“We would like to thank Kiefer for all his hard work and dedication in Vancouver. As an organization, we take a lot of pride in giving him the opportunity to grow and excel as a player. Given where things currently stand and the direction of our rebuild, we felt it was necessary to make a move like this as we continue to build our pipeline. In addition to adding two draft picks, Cole is a right-shot defenceman who will report to Abbotsford.” General Manager Patrik Allvin said following the Kiefer Sherwood trade.
Sherwood was beloved by fans in Vancouver because of the effort level and he brought night in, night out and it was unfortunate to see him get traded but with the club entering a rebuild and looking to part with their pending unrestricted free agents, it was needed.
Kiefer Sherwood takes to social media to thank Vancouver Canucks & their fans
With tomorrow being the one month mark since his trade, Kiefer Sherwood took to social media to share a brief message thanking the Vancouver Canucks and their fan base for their support over the season-and-a-half he spent in the Lower Mainland.
“Truly an honor and privilege. Thank you to everyone involved in making Van such a passionate place to play.” Sherwood said in a post on Instagram on Tuesday.
Due to an injury suffered while with the Vancouver Canucks, Kiefer Sherwood has only been able to suit up in one game for the San Jose Sharks thus far, but they’re certainly hoping that he can play a big role for the club as they seek their first appearance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs since 2019.
Beyond this season, it’s unclear what the future holds for Kiefer Sherwood, but he’ll be highly sought after when the free agent market on Canada Day, with some reports suggesting he could get upwards of $4.5-$5 million annually on his next contract.
While it’s unlikely that he’ll return to Vancouver, Canucks fans are crossing their fingers that the front office led by GM Patrik Allvin will be able to make a competitive offer to try and bring the Columbus, Ohio native back to the club.
Previously on Vancouver Hockey Daily
POLL
14 HOURS AGO|386 ANSWERS
Kiefer Sherwood sends unmistakable message towards the Vancouver Canucks on social media
Do you think the Vancouver Canucks should try and bring Kiefer Sherwood back as a free agent in the summer?